Friday, January 29, 2010

OWED TO THE QUEEN OF PINK...HEIDI SWAPP!

Well I was watching some of the awesome video's from CHA Winter 2010. I got to one with the new Heidi Swapp products. They showed a little set of three frames that she had used as the base for a project with her Tattered Angels. I thought, hey wait a minute, I just picked up a set of those frames myself a couple of weeks ago. So I made my own version of 3 for above my closet door. I started out with the Amy Butler line Specialty Papers from K & Co. I really liked the pink and brown with the black frames.

The background paper is under the glass while the rest is affixed to the glass with a little liquid glass. The background paper is matching in the two end ones with the same pattern in the center flower one just different color.

As far as the butterfly one, I wanted to make it look like they where migrating their way over the frame. I only glued them on the centers. The butterflies as well as the other papers are all highlighted with brown ink along the edges.

The bird was landing on a branch and then I remembered I had a fence die so I punched it out of chipboard and used Tim Holtz-Distress Crackle Paint to make it look like a old country fence. I added a little clear Stickles to give it a bit of bling. And finished off with a butterfly in the matching papers to the bottom flower from the center frame.

So....What do you think? I am so happy the way they turned out. Of course my husband looked at them and said he liked them but... I knew that but means...Why are they on the outside of the glass? I promptly said...Well if Heidi Swapp can do it, so can I!

CREATE SOMETHING FABULOUS TODAY!

No comments: