Wednesday, August 5, 2009

THE CHRISTMAS HOUSE IS DONE!


This has been on my mind to show you all some quick and easy projects for the holidays that you will have for many years to come. I picked up these house shaped boxes a while ago. They have been bothering me on how I was going to decorate them. I really wanted to do a Halloween house but I kept coming back to a sketch I did for the Christmas season. So I will have to do a Halloween one next because here is the Christmas one. This started with the old sheet music I sell on my site. I can make a list for a month of Sundays on what I want to use this paper for. It already has the aged look that we all try so hard to recreate.
Next, with a 1" circle punch and brown ink, I created the roof. I love the layered look. The windows are just layered paper to make the look of shutters. And as far as the wreaths are concerned. The large on on the roof area, I cut a 2" circle. I then took a leaf punch and with just the tip of the punch made the lace look on the outside of the wreath. On the inside a used a whole punch and did a random pattern to once again give the look of greens. Then I added the ribbon and a brad for the front door. Add a little ink here and there and you have a cute little Christmas house to give a gift in or use for decoration this holiday season!

CREATE SOMETHING FABULOUS TODAY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh wow! love the house AL! oh... *whispers* you've been tagged btw :) see my new blog for details xx - http://simply-maisy.blogspot.com/2009/08/good-tagging.html