Thursday, October 13, 2011

THURSDAY'S RECIPE SIMPLE BUT YUMMY!


So I really never cared about what I ate. I was never a package label reader but my husband is. So this weeks recipe is for something simple that I am sure, like me, many of you probably have never paid much attention to, croutons. My boys LOVE Cesar salad. So croutons are used around here weekly. But if I am eating these little tan cubes of bread, why is red dye#40 and yellow dye #5 in the ingredients. Nothing looks red to me, plus when I went to the market, there was not a bottle of red dye #40 for me to add to my own homemade croutons so I needed to find a different recipe I guess...lol!


So here is my great recipe for croutons. The entire house loved them and you know what....no preservatives, yes world, it is possible!




  • 5 Thick Slices of Bread


  • 2 Tablespoons Butter


  • 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil


  • 1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic


  • 1/4 Cup Parm Cheese


  • 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano Crumbled


  • 1/2 Teaspoon Thyme Crumbled

Preheat oven to 300


Cube bread. In a large saucepan combine butter, EVOO, garlic and melt without burning it melts quick. Remove from heat, add herbs and stir. Add cubed bread and mix to cover all of the bread. Transfer to 9 x 13 and sprinkle with parm cheese. Bake for 40 minutes. I stirred them every ten minutes are so for even cooking. I also added a little more EVOO before I put the pan in the oven because I used a very thick bread so you may want to do that is needed.


And it is that simple to know what you are eating. We used some that night and put the rest in a freezer bag. They are there to be used as needed, just take out 15 minutes or so before use and they are perfect!


CREATE SOMETHING FABULOUS TODAY!

No comments: