Sunday, November 30, 2008

Gift Giving Ideas With A Theme!



Hello to all and a big Thank you to my sister Amy for inviting me to guest blog. This is beyond exciting for me to share some of my favorite ideas. I hope they inspire you to do something creative today! I am a huge magazine junkie. Better Homes and Garden, Good Housekeeping, This Old House, Yankee Magazine, Southern Living......the list goes on. I read periodicals from front to back and back to front. I cut out pictures of projects I'd like to do(or have my husband do) and I love creative entertaining ideas and simple recipes to WOW guest. The November & December issues are my prized publications(& yes I do believe I still have a few dated 1980 something). Every year I look forward to the Holiday Gift Guide $5-$50. I can't wait to find out what unusual gift they have found from far and wide. I was thinking of a few different and unique gifts that I have either given or received. I realized they all had a theme. A themed gift bag or basket just seems to be so creative. This year's theme for me is "book". Any item that has the word book in the title. I started with the above pocketbook that serves as both present and wrapping. Then I enlisted help from my favorite on-line store, BrambleberryLane.com. I included an antique styled bookmark, personalized bookplates, adorable matchbook-notebook and a fabulous stickerbook. You could run with this idea. Add a Book store GC, wine, teabags, cookies etc... Here are a few other themed baskets that I Love. They're great to give to a whole family, the couple who has everything or the kid in everyone. Enjoy and have wonderful Holiday Season! I'd love to hear from you. Wendy

Banana Split Basket

Toppings: hot fudge, sprinkles, nuts/Ice cream scoop with a jazzy handle/fun colorful bowls/Gift Card to the corner ice cream store for that favorite gallon.

Date Night

Sparkly clutch purse/vibrant necktie/Gift Card to favorite restaurant/movie theater tickets/glittery lip gloss.

Movie Night In

Gift card for movie rentals/popcorn/flavored butter shakers/Jones Soda(I like the cool bottles)/Jr. Mints & M&M's/giant bowl to hold all the goodies.

2 comments:

Amy said...

This is an off-topic comment, but I didn't know where best to post it. First of all, I just discovered your blog and etsy shop last night, and am very inspired, thanks!

Also, I read your previous post, where you talked about that very trying time in your life - and I am impressed and inspired all over again! A divorce alone is the emotional equivalent of being hit by a car. It is amazing that you were able to get through all that you did at that time! You're right that having supportive people in your corner is the key. Thanks for sharing your story.

On a different note, I am so curious about how you make your beautiful stickers! Any pointers would be very much appreciated.

Mom of Five said...

Very, very cute...I love the theme-inspired gift. I am putting together a gift basket for my sil and bil that is coffee-themed.

By the way, I wrote a post in response to your comment about learning to knit...resources, where to go, etc.