Monday, March 29, 2010

EASTER EGGS MADE WITH LAST YEARS NAPKINS!

So I was getting out all of my decorations a couple of weekends ago for the upcoming Easter Holiday. As I was going into the box I ran into some of last years napkins from my turn hosting the big dinner. I must have loved the pics on them and kept them for the same reason I collect scrapbooking papers. Then I had a idea...I ran out to the store and picked up some plastic eggs, large ones. And then it was magic time. You all know how much I love to create but different things like this REALLY make me happy to create.

I started by gluing the plastic egg together. I mixed a bit of water with Mod Podge to thin it out and add pieces of the napkins in it. Now, if the colors of the eggs are dark you may need to either paint them lighter or add a extra layer of white napkin. I tore apart the napkins and used just the top layer on some chipboard eggs. But you really do need to layer it on the plastic ones.

The last step after they dried was to, yes you guessed it, GLIMMER MIST!!!!! I could not help myself. And it really made a great shine to them. I hope you like all of the pictures. Please let me know if you have any questions and by all means leave me a comment. Oh, and just a thought, I used napkins with pretty pictures, what do you have lying around? It might surprise you!

CREATE SOMETHING FABULOUS TODAY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These eggs are so darn cute! Love them!

Hope you had a wonderful Easter.

Cori