Saturday, June 2, 2012

BERRIES In The Yard

Blackberries
Blueberries

Raspberries


I am so excited about the berries in the yard.  They are all starting to pop into some yum, yum, yummy berry goodness.  The raspberries have been here now for 3 years.  I brought some wonderful little transplants from my moms house.  We just planted the Blackberries and 3 different types of Blueberries this year.  The new ones don't have much but I am excited about every last one.  

Fuji Apple

We also added a Red Delicious, Fuji apple and two Pear trees, a Bartlett and and Keifer.  The Fuji is a Dwarf that was already about 6 feet tall and we got it for a steal.  It was on sale at Home Depot for only $14.98.  Already they consider this the end of the season, that's okay, I'll take it.
Growing our own food can be work but we are trying to add things to the yard that we will have around for years to come.  I love the idea of walking out in my yard and grabbing a piece of the fruit.  And with 4 kids and the price of food, it is a great investment in our health as well as our financial future.

CREATE SOMETHING FABULOUS TODAY!


No comments: